Sue Scheff - Wishing Everyone a Merry Christmas



Today is a time for reflection of the past and all we have to be thankful for. Most of all it is a time for families! Take the time to spend time with friends, family and all the people that have been there for you.

Here is a very special story that has meaning at this time of the year.


Can I Borrow $25?

A man came home from work late, tired and irritated, to
find his 5-year old son waiting for him at the door.

SON: 'Daddy, may I ask you a question?'
DAD: 'Yeah sure, what is it?' replied the man.

SON: 'Daddy, how much do you make an hour?'
DAD: 'That's none of your business. Why do you ask
such a thing?' the man said angrily.
SON: 'I just want to know. Please tell me, how much do
you make an hour?'
DAD: 'If you must know, I make $50 an hour.'
SON: 'Oh,' the little boy replied, with his head down.
SON: 'Daddy, may I please borrow $25?'

The father was furious, 'If the only reason you asked
that is so you can borrow some money to buy a silly toy or
some other nonsense, then you march yourself straight to
your room and go to bed. Think about why you are being so
selfish. I don't work hard everyday for such childish
frivolities.' The little boy quietly went to his room and shut the door.

The man sat down and started to get even angrier about the
little boy's question. How dare he ask such question
only to get some money? After about an hour or so, the man
had calmed down, and started to think: Maybe there was
something he really needed to buy with that $25.00 and he
really didn't ask for money very often. The man went to
the door of the little boy's room and opened the door.

'Are you asleep, son?' He asked. 'No daddy,
I'm awake,' replied the boy.

The man said
'I've been thinking maybe I was too hard on you
earlier. ?It's been a long day and I took out my
aggravation on you. Here's the $25 you asked for.'
The little boy sat straight up, smiling. 'Oh, thank you
daddy!' he yelled. Then, reaching under his pillow he
pulled out some crumpled up bills. The man saw that the boy
already had money and started to get angry again. The little
boy slowly counted out his money, and then looked up at his
father. 'Why do you want more money if you already have
some?' the father grumbled. ?'Because I didn't
have enough, but now I do,' the little boy replied.


'Daddy, I have $50 now. Can I buy an hour of your time?


Please come home early tomorrow. I would like to have dinner
with you.'

The father was crushed. He put his arms around his little
son, and he begged for his forgiveness. It's just a
short reminder to all of you working so hard in life. We
should not let time slip through our fingers without having
spent some time with those who really matter to us, those
close to our hearts. Do remember to share that $50 worth of
your time with someone you love.


If we die tomorrow, the company that we are working for
could easily replace us in a matter of hours. But the family
& friends we leave behind will feel the loss for the
rest of their lives.


From my house to yours.

'The light of God surrounds us.
The love of God enfolds us.
The power of God protects us.
The presence of God watches over us.

Wherever we are God is and all is well.'

LIFE IS TOO SHORT...
LIVE, LAUGH AND LOVE!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Teens Starting College: Transition Blues

Teenage Mental Health Options

Sue Scheff: Should teachers befriend students on social networking sites?